E-Mealz - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!!

Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

MY Royal Wedding...

Well, I did it... I got up at 4am to watch the "Royal Wedding" and I'd have to say that my wedding was certainly very VERY comparable. "How?" You may ask... well, let me explain.

The Royal Wedding had a prince... who is balding... still, many would probably consider him "handsome"... probably because they only see dollar signs in place of the missing hair.
MY wedding... also had a prince... who is NOT balding and is truly handsome both inside and out. Hahahaha -- by the way, no dollar signs blinding my view, either. :)

The Royal Wedding had a bunch of people from far away lands come to watch the big event...
Amazing! So did MY wedding! We were so blessed to have many of Josh's family members travel all the way from Australia (and many friends travel from other states --- such as California, [you know who you are] and the East Coast).

The Royal Wedding had a bride who wore a beautiful dress...
Go figure!! I was a bride... and I'd have to say, I liked my dress more! :)

The Royal Wedding had a bride who married an Englishman...
Lovely... I did as well!! English... and Australian (of course, he doesn't often claim he's English).
    Hahahaha! Except for the time we were on our first date and I said I always wanted to date and Englishman... and his reply was, "well, I'm as English as they come!" He must have really liked me to admit that! :)

The Royal Wedding took forever just to get the bride to the church!!!
Interestingly enough... it seemed to take forever just to get married! I was engaged a year! Talk about a long time before getting to the church! Sheesh!

The Royal Wedding was broadcast internationally over the Internet (which is how I viewed it)...
Once again - my wedding was as well (mostly to people in England and Australia)!! Incredible!

The Royal Wedding had the groom's brother as the "best man"
I guess that's pretty common... cause at MY wedding... My Prince had his brother as the best man!

The Royal Wedding probably cost a LOT of money... most likely paid for by the parents...
Funny that! Mine too!!!

The Royal Wedding had music played by beautiful violinists and musicians.
Again, I could not have been blessed with better music, played (and sung) by dear friends.

Wow... Methinks I had a pretty Royal Wedding! :)

There were, however, a few differences...

The Royal Wedding had Elton John singing Hymns...
My wedding... did not.
Sorry, I can't help but crack up laughing at just the idea of him singing "Guide Me Oh Thou Great Jehovah"!!! (I was watching though, he didn't know the words AT ALL).

Number two... I gave my husband a ring at the actual event. Enough said.
The Royal Wedding had the Abby Bells chiming like crazy! Like my mother-in-law said on Facebook... what were we thinking to leave that out!? So, though this is a difference, I think (had we thought of it) we would have found a way to get those bells ringing!!! :)

The Royal Wedding had horse drawn carriages taking them from one place to another...
Again, we would have had the same, really... but in the end of December - that just isn't an option.

The Royal Wedding had a big finishing touch by having the Bride and Groom wave on a balcony to over a million on-lookers...
We, however, ducked out quietly... without saying goodbye to any one of our many guests.

I'm sure there are a few other differences, but I think the similarities are numerous enough that I can honestly claim that I had my own Royal Wedding... and that is what I shall believe... one thing I know for sure... Royal Wedding or not... I feel like a Queen with the husband I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment